Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Crazy Ideas

So cold out! It wouldn't be so bad if my first class of the day wasn't a twenty minute walk from the apartment. Unfortunately, that's exactly what it is. And then I have to speak only in French for less than an hour, a skill I don't actually have, before going back on that twenty minute walk in the cold. I really hope it'll start to warm up soon. I miss having feeling in my face.

I have a lot of down time this semester, though. I have a about three and four hours between some classes depending on the day, and I don't have a job up here. So I need something to amuse myself with, and I've had an idea. Well, it's an idea I've had for a very long time, but it's such a pointless one that I don't see the point in it. Those are the best kind of ideas, though, aren't they? The sort that have no point, but can be brought up in conversation when you want it to be well known that you aren't in the least bit normal.

A trend among college students is to have a zombie plan. And that's fine and dandy, quirky and a bit cute. Not a thing wrong with having a zombie plan, but I want more than just a zombie plan. I want something that goes several levels past an end of the world plan. I want a plan for just about every impossible scenario out there. Lets say I'm transported to another world where there's magic and awesome and I need to go adventuring  I want to have a guide on how to grow my own penicillin, a guide on how to treat for various poisons, and, most importantly, how to clean bandage wounds with few provisions. I want to bring these things up in conversation and watch as looks of confusion and vague concern appear. Yes, this may have to do with the fact that I don't like people talking to me, but it still sounds fun.

So, if I ever get stranded on an island, I will be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment