Sunday, February 10, 2013

Steampunk & Espionage

All hail the Overlady, Gail Carriger! Once again this magnificent author captivated me with her enthralling world in which she has set her now second series. Etiquette & Espionage is absolutely amazing! Carriger's writing style is witty and incredibly fun to read. I loved the premise of her newest series with having it set in a "finishing" school in the mid-1800's. Now, what this school is teaching young ladies to "finish" is really quite interesting.

I still prefer her Parasol Protectorate Series, but that just may be because it held a lot more biting wit I can study to later use as a weapon as compared to the wit withing her new YA series. I do so love her writing, though. I can't wait for the next book.

Nearly done my own Steampunk costume, inspired by these lovely books. My roommates are throwing a literary themed party to celebrate their graduation and I believe I shall attend as Miss Alexia Tarabotti. I just need to fix myself up a beautiful parasol and find some decent buttons for my costume and I'll be all set. not that I need the costume for months to come yet, but it's always best to be prepared. I plan to make lots of sweets just for this party so I can stand by them and eat them and potentially not share. I will have been the one to make them after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment